Getting hands dirty is part of the day

Jonathan Leever, 17, of Lebanon has been active in the seedling sale for nearly a decade. He recounts some of the highlights as he cast his eyes forward toward his future goals.


"This is my ninth year doing the seedling sale. It is always loads of fun; friends, dirty hands and the smell of trees is quite enjoyable. It has been my favorite part of 4-H, to come and volunteer.
"Sadly this is probably my last year doing the sale, as I am going to college next year. My hope is to go to Moody Aviation in Spokane, Washington and study Mission Aviation to be a pilot/mechanic on the mission field. 4-H has been a vital part of my education, and has taught me to love the outdoors and to lead and serve well."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benton Woodlands night postponed due to virus

Masons move in

Otis tree tour touts history, family efforts